Friday, December 18, 2020

IT Certification Away from a Career Change

While he began interviewing in February 2020, Clark threw himself into studying for CompTIA A+ certification exam, using the exam objectives, The Official CompTIA A+ Study Guides and online courses by people like Professor Messer.


In the week leading up to the exam, he completed practice exams and also studied the exam objectives, highlighting items he knew and re-studying items he didn't.

“I was scoring up in the 90s, which increased my confidence,” Clark said. “I then reached out to a local IT recruiter to begin building my network, as I was absolutely sure I wanted to make a career change and go from food service to IT permanently.”

After studying 30-plus hours per week, he passed both of the CompTIA A+ exams in just 4 weeks.

“This blows my mind when I remember thinking I wasn’t intelligent enough to get into IT,” Clark said. “The things my mentor taught me were truly invaluable to my letting go of that destructive belief, getting out of my own way and reaching my goals.”

More Info: what is comptia a+

No comments:

Post a Comment